Renew in these your servants the covenant you have made with them at their Baptism. Send them forth in the power of that Spirit to perform the service you have set before them; through Jesus Christ your son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Confirmation Preparation Resources
A time of learning, prayer and discernment should precede confirmation. The Diocese of California recommends these programs available online for purchase which provide structured resources, guidance, and activities for confirmation preparation:
- Your Faith, Your Life: This guide for newcomers and confirmands unpacks the Episcopal Church’s language of worship, theology, church structure, and sacraments, giving readers vocabulary and framework to share their beliefs and practices, explore the Bible, pratcie prayer and discern their ministries within the church.
- My Faith, My Life: An inexpensive, downloadable companion guide and study program to accompany the book of the same name on confirmation for teens.
- Confirm not Conform: An intensive and creative year-long confirmation mentoring program originating in the Diocese of California, now used nationwide.
- Sealed and Sent Forth: Leader Resources’ confirmation program, intended to work with Journey to Adulthood (J2A).
- I will with God’s help: A flexible program that can be adapted to a six or twelve week confirmation preparation, available from Church Publishing.
Procedures for Requesting Confirmation
Confirmation is available when the bishop makes parochial visits and at Beloved Community Confirmation, EcoConfirmation and General Confirmation.
For parochial confirmation, Beloved Community, EcoConfirmation, and General Confirmation pleace contact Caren Miles, Associate for Faith Formation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.869.7815
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Golden Gate Overlook in the Presidio, officiated by The Most Reverend Michael B. Curry, Presiding Bishop
An outdoor service, participants at EcoConfirmation will uphold their baptismal vow to “cherish the wondrous works of God, and protect the beauty and integrity of all creation.” Together, the community will recommit itself to the fifth mark of mission: “to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.”
General Confirmation at Grace Cathedral
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 10 a.m.
Grace Cathedral, San Francisco
Beloved Community Confirmation
Saturday, November 4, 2017, time TBA
St. Augustine's, Oakland
Beloved Community confirmation celebrates multiculturalism in our community and embraces people of all backgrounds as part of the body of Christ. Be confirmed or reaffirm your baptismal vows at this spirited event.