Resources for Youth Ministers
Youth ministers — full-time and part-time, clergy and lay — engage in the theological work of developing relationships with young people, modeling to them the unconditional love of God through community. Responding to the needs of young people for community development, spiritual formation, and physical and emotional wholeness is no simple task, and the diocese works to support youth ministers in every way possible.
Keeping in touch
- Grow Up in Every Way, the diocesan monthly enewsletter for ministers to children, youth, and families
- Diocese of California Youth Workers Facebook group
- Forma: Partnering to Inspire Christian Formation, national group for spiritual formation workers in the Episcopal Church
October 17 to October 20
The Bishop’s Ranch, Healdsburg, CA
Join colleagues and new friends for the Pneuma Conference at The Bishop’s Ranch. With a new keynote speaker each year and fantastic workshop offerings from a wide variety of topics, the program promises to be fruitful. Aside from formal program, time for quiet reflection or networking and fellowship with friends new and old abound. Scholarship available, contact Caren Miles, Associate for Discipleship Ministries, email@example.com, 415.869.7815 if needed.
CDSP Youth Ministry Day
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Church Divinity School of the Pacific, Berkeley
This day-long conference includes workshops, worship, meals, and fellowships with colleagues to also work with children youth, and young adults. Topic TBA soon!
- Called to Right Relationship: Diocese of California policies for creating a safe church for all ages
- My Faith, My Life
- episcoyouth (youth blog of the national office of the Episcopal Church)
- Choosing Your Curriculum
- Episcopal Resource Center (located in Sunnyvale; website includes a searchable online catalog)
Do you have online resources to add to this list? Contact Contact Caren Miles, Associate for Discipleship Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.869.7815