What is the right way to wash your hands?
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Pray the Lord’s Prayer or sing a verse from your favorite hymn.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry.
Everything you might want to know about hand washing is available on the CDC website here: www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing.
Click here to download an instructional flyer (8.5" x 11") from The Episcopal Church Medical Trust